While in Canada – I came across sweet potato hummus in one of the grocery stores. It was so delicious I decided to re-create it at home for my first Recipe Redux.
About the Recipe Redux:
“As the first and only recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians, The Recipe ReDux is focused on taking delicious dishes, keeping them delicious, but making them better for you. Dietitians Regan Jones, Serena Ball and Deanna Segrave-Daly founded the group on the belief that healthier eating should always taste delicious. As the Latin term “redux” means to revisit or reinvent, we are reinventing the idea of healthy eating with a taste-first approach. We aim to inspire the food lover in every healthy eater and inspire the healthy eater in every food lover.”
How does it work?
“…On the first day of each month, the aforementioned RDs set the monthly theme (i.e. “whole grains highlighted” or “beyond the peanut butter sandwich” etc.) and share it with members. On the 21st of the same month, all group members post their Recipe ReDux on their blogs and include links to other members’ blogs…!”
September’s Redux: Dress for Success(condiments, spreads & salad dressings).
Sweet Potato Hummus
- one large sweet potato(roasted), flesh only
- one 15 oz. can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. of tahini
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil
Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until to desired smoothness. Enjoy!
Please take some time to read through my fellow Reduxer’s recipes.
- Carlene Helble-Carlene’s Figments: Roasted Eggplant Pepper Schmeer
- Deanna Segrave-Daly – Teaspoon of Spice: Sicilian Relish
- Cherie Schetselaar – Grain Crazy: Fry Sauce
- Dr. Barb – Nutrition Budgeteer: Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- Elizabeth Jarrard- Don’t (White) Sugar-Coat it: Spicy Tahini Dressing
- Kara Lydon – Peace, Love, and Food: Edamame Hummus
- Kat Lynch – Eating The Week: Citrus Sesame Avocado Dressing
- Emma Stirling – The Scoop on Nutrition: Salsa Verde
- Emma Cutfield-The Hearty Heart: Go Goji Blood Building Salad Dressing
- Lisa @ Healthful Sense: Sweet Peanut Sauce Dressing
- Regan @ The Professional Palate: Ponzu Sauce
- Danielle Omar – Food Confidence RD: Your New Favorite Vinaigrette
- Stephanie Howard – Give Them Something Better: Creamy Garlic Feta Dressing
- Nicole Ferring Holovach – Whole Health RD: Maple Salad Dressing
- Kristen @ Swanky Dietitian: Italian Vinaigrette Artichoke Dressing
- Ann Dunaway Teh – Eat to Nourish, Energize & Flourish: Thai Basil Peanut Pesto
- Kristina @ Love and Zest: Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- gretchen | kumquat: Dairy Free Rance Dressing
- Everyday Tastiness: Pistachio Butter
- Alysa Bajenaru – Inspired RD: Roasted Garlic Hummus
- EA Stewart-The Spicy RD: Creamy Triple Pepper & Kale Dip
- Liz Weiss & Janice Newell Bissex – Meal Makeover Moms’ Kitchen: Garden Fresh Tomato & Avocado Salsa
- Jessica Fishman Levinson – Nutritioulicious: Butternut Squash Cream Cheese Spread
- Diane @ EatWellEatClean – Honey Fig Jam