Recipe Redux- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

by Meg on February 21, 2012

P2130095

It’s February and time for another Recipe ReDux! This month’s theme- Chocolate Love Is In The Air!

After doing some research I came up with these delicious peanut butter chocolate bars that I thought would fit the bill!

They are a ‘sometimes’ food, as my friend Elise would say, and totally worth whipping up for your loved ones!

P2170103

The first batch went to the hospital where my fellow interns gobbled them right up!

P2170104

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

• 8 1/2 cups Koala Crisps cereal
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 4 1/2 cups marshmallows (high fructose corn syrup free)
  • 3/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Line a baking pan (9×12) with parchment. Place the cereal in a large bowl. Place a saucepan on medium heat and melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and peanut butter stirring until the mixture is melted. Stir the mixture into the cereal until combined. Add the chocolate chips. With your fingers press the treats into the parchment lined pan. Let cool for 20 minutes and cut into 2 inch bars. Makes 24 servings: 169 calories, 6g fat (2 grams saturated), 18g carbohydrates, 3g  protein.

P2170117

I can’t wait to see what the other ReDuxers made this month!

{ 9 comments }

Deanna Segrave-Daly February 21, 2012 at 7:28 am

I’ve made rice crispy treats with peanut butter before but never PB + chocolate – this will be a hit with my preschooler for sure!

Janel February 21, 2012 at 10:14 am

I love your recipe idea AND that adorable calendar :)

ea-the spicy rd February 21, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Fun recipe! I don’t think I’ve ever made “Rice Krispy” treats with my kids before. I like your version better though, so I’d love to make these with them!

Erin @ WholesomeRD February 21, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Yum! Chocolate and peanut butter are one of my favorite combos!!

gretchen February 21, 2012 at 6:43 pm

i’m such a sucker for a crispy treat… add peanut butter and chocolate, and i’m sold!

Regan @ The Professional Palate February 21, 2012 at 7:19 pm

What a fun snack! I’m wondering if I could make these with the panda puffs (you know, the ones on the aisle beside the koala crisps… they taste like peanut butter). I think my kids would love these!

Kara February 22, 2012 at 8:48 am

What a wonderful idea! No wonder your fellow interns gobbled them right up! I would’ve too!

Danielle Omar - Food Confidence RD February 22, 2012 at 9:05 am

Fun and tasty! My daughter will love helping me make these and eat these! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Meal Makeover Mom Janice February 24, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I’ve experimented with rice krispie treats with PB and chocolate but haven’t gotten it just right, so I’m anxious to give these a try. Thanks!

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: