On Tuesday, Nyssa and I went to Veggie Planet for lunch. I ordered the tofu caesar salad and fell in love all over again! Luckily, I found the recipe online so I could share it with you!
Tofu Caesar Salad( adapted from Didi Emmons recipe)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cups cubed firm tofu
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
To prepare the dressing, in a food processor or blender, puree the garlic, mustard, tofu, and lemon juice. Add the salt and pepper. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil, in a stream. When the dressing is fully emulsified, stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of your favorite dried/fresh herbs and spices (I like using garlic powder and fresh thyme)
Preheat the oven to 400F. Using a paper towel or a kitchen towel, press the water out of the tofu block (make sure not to press too hard so the block doesn’t break apart).
Cut the block into small dice sized pieces. Put the cubes on a parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with herbs and salt. Toss gently to coat.
Bake at 400F for about 4o minutes.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
To prepare salad, cut romaine into 2-inch strips, discarding the core. Clear and dry lettuce. Combine lettuce, tomatoes, croutons, and olives in a large bowl. Add the cheese and the dressing(I used 2 tbsp.), tossing well. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings
Make this one today- it will surely be a favorite in your house!