On Tuesday night, I made chickpea burgers for dinner- so quick and easy!!
Chickpea Burgers(adapted from Eating Well)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
To prepare burgers: Place chickpeas, scallions, egg, flour, parsley, garlic powder, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a food processor. Pulse until a coarse mixture forms that holds together when pressed. (The mixture will be moist.) Form into 5-6 patties.
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook until golden and beginning to crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes more.
Note: I finished these off in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes because I think I over pulsed in the food processor- oops!
I placed my little burgers on a Rudi’s gf spinach tortilla with arugula, cucumber slices and the greek yogurt sauce below.
Quick Greek Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the above in a bowl and stir together until combined.
Sorry posts have been so infrequent – days just fly by in between work and getting ready for baby S. I’m going to try to post more in the next couple weeks